Monday, December 1, 2008

Great Joy - Day One -Do Not FEAR

"Do not be afraid". Fear is a paralyzing emotion tht makes us ineffective for God's use on a daily basis.

After reading the daily bible study I realize I have a lot Fear in my life. I use self-talk and images way more than I knew to sabatoge or convince myself something is going to happen. It is truly amazing how fast my mind can jut ahead to a determinal or devasting ending way before anything has even started.

Right now the very first thought that causes me to have FEAR is that I won't ever lose weight. The scale is very hard to budge and I have been hovering around the same weight for a while. Sometimes I think, "Oh, well this is just how it is going to be the rest of my life." I give up when I haven't even started. I have always wondered why - now I know - Fear has crept in.

The same goes with finishing my thesis. The other day I had the thought I would not finish by the deadline and how I would neeed to fininacally have to come up with a lot more money to extend the deadline, I would disappoint a lot of people, yada yada yada.....I am fearful of finishing....why??

Believe it or not but I am excited to know this word and face it dead on. I need to let FEAR go and live in the moment. YIKES>>>>Here it goes!!!

1 comment:

truej.o.y. said...

My fear is speaking in front of people; it is so hard for me. I can feel comfortable and then my face gets all red! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!! and that is embarassing but for some reason God put me in this Leader role so he must know I will be better one day. Sometimes because I have done things differently, I fear people will think my ideas are silly or too much, but I am willing to take the risk especially when I feel God behind it. I also Fear others will wonder why I am doing this...I am not losing weight, but Carole Lewis encourages me and says God is working on me, don't quit!
I keep thinking of Moses, he was afraid when God sent him to set His people free. He didn't think he could do it. God is sending us to set His Ladies free into a life of Christ centered balance! Let's go!