Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Great Tidings of Great Joy

Oh my goodness, when I read about the shepards being confronted when the angels broke into their routine, I wondered if I were confronted would I really believe? Would I be reassured? I hope I would. Reminds me of the guy mountain climbing in the Renewing Hope Bible Study who was dangling from the mountain side in pitch black darkness and was praying really hard. God spoke to him and told him to trust him and to let go..but the man did not. When they found him he was dangling only a few feet from solid ground. I hope to never doubt it when I hear God speaking to me....wonder if I ever have....I will have to think on this...

I was so excited to read the journal activity of "What would I focus on if Jesus were standing next to me at each of the holiday events I will be going to? Would I gourge on food or be filled with celebrating his presence?"

This is a "God thing" to have these words in the bible study especially after hearing the priest say how our body is God's house and who is doing what to his house while he is away.

I will have an awareness that God is right there at my elbow as I stand gazing at the calorie dense food laid out among us....for the first time "I am getting it!!!! that he is always with me!!!">>>>

bye...

1 comment:

truej.o.y. said...

Wow, if Jesus were standing next to me, I would not be able to eat at all; unless he was! What a wonderful thing to think about and you are right- He is!